Sunday 10 June 2012

Mundo Quino

“Mundo Quino”


This is a cartoon picture drawn by Mundo Quino. Since I don't understand Spanish, I chose one without words. I think what this cartoon is trying to tell is that everything can be bought and pirated in the world now, and it is becoming a major issue. In this case, the soldier on the left actually earned the metal with honour. On the right side, we see a business man trying to sell an identical metal with a price tag attached to it, and the solder is happily reaching into his pockets to grab money to buy it. I think this is a contemporary issue around the world, as there are so many frauds and cheats in the world. People are getting certificates or other sort of recognitions  without really putting into the efforts. However, these actions may result in very serious circumstances. I believe Mundo drew this cartoon, in the hope to raise awareness among the general public about these frauds.

No comments:

Post a Comment